August 30, 2011

appreciation...

I love when my aunt visits.. she always brings with her oodles of goodies...she collects them for my mom and I(my mom is a fab doll artist)..through her thrift store she volunteers at. She has a lady that also collects for us, Anne.. anything and everything.. buttons, ribbons, old lace, trims..odds and ends.. blingy bits and pieces... I love up-cycling what people think has no more use.. breathing into it a new life..to brighten the day of someone else. How I love digging through the goodies she brings.

This trip was no exception..lots of vintage trims..buttons galore(oh la la..feeding my obsession) millinery flowers and leaves,beads and bling, charms and doilies.I came back home with such a stash.. my mom got the other half. It was so much fun sitting around the table sorting and sharing..ideas turning slowly in my head.. I can't wait to create with all these great finds..
Many of the embellishments I use have come from my aunt and Anne..many hours of collecting, cutting and sorting.  I decided to make a set of cards to give Anne. She is an older lady and I wanted to give her a little something that contains many of the things she has collected for us over the years. It is a lot of hard work that I want her to know doesn't go un-appreciated.
 Since this was an odd sized card I whipped up a little wax paper bag to send the card along with. Notice that doily there? It's part of a new obsession- making doilies. I was inspired by my blog buddy Joanne.. she makes the cutest doilies! Trying to use up my rub-on sentiments. I love that you can showcase them simply. Again I broke out my Waltzing mouse stamps.. I am more than slightly attracted to silhouettes and cameos..Actually made some cameos at my moms.. she has the most awesome molds. Don't worry. You will be seeing them frequently in upcoming posts. You may grow tired of me showing them..
I hope to get in a few posts soon. My brother in laws are going to be visiting.. when I have some down time I'll pop back in.
Til then,
~Becks

4 comments:

  1. I am speechless. This is amazing! Purely vintage and oh so shabby. Goodness - I am so jealous! How wonderful to have someone collecting all these fabulous embellies! What a lovely gesture and a caring heart!

    Your doily is perfection! I must admit creating them is becoming an addiction - but so relaxing too. Thanks for mentioning my little blog....I'm flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty and true vintage ... loved reading this ... could see you going through everything ... I am like that with things ... Anne will love this for sure ... Your doily is lovely ... have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via a pin at Pinterest. Absolutely love your creations! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D