December 25, 2011

the stockings were hung...

...by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

Well neither stockings nor chimney have I, but the tree lights gleam and bounce off the bright round ornaments.. The house is quiet as I watch the sun rise. I'm most often the first one up on Christmas day. I love the quiet and calm of the house and the world before the festivities begin. I love being the first one up to start making pancakes while everyone is still snug in bed. One of my most favourite traditions.
 This year is no exception. I'm the first one up. The pets are roaming around. My guy is sleeping soundly, only just come home from work a few short hours ago. The house is cozy and warm as I wait on my dough to rise.
Just thought I'd pop in with one last Christmas card. Perhaps one of my favourite ones this year. Loving the rusty style jingle bells and all the red and white. I'm hoping to re create this next year and shabby it up.
I hope that your Christmas day is full of good times spent with family and that you create wonderful memories!
Happy Holidays!
~Becks

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite cards too ... just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Christmas was "merry and bright". Thanks for all your inspiration this past year ... I'm looking forward to beautiful images next year too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D