November 5, 2012

Crafty Secrets November Linky Party...


Hey there!

Today marks my first post as part of the Crafty Secrets DT! Over at Crafty Secrets blog we are having our November Linky Party Challenge.. Our theme is Christmas and I'm here to share my project with you!



I used papers from the Crafty Secrets Christmas CD5 to create my stocking and for the background.. Originally the paper for the background was blue, but I went into Photoshop and changed the hue to get it to just the right colour for me. What I love about the digital files is that you can change each of them to suit your needs! An endless amount of patterned papers:) After I got the right colour I simply printed and cut to size!



For my stocking I simply printed out an 8.5x11 sheet and traced a hand drawn stencil(thanks mama) and fussy cut it out. I hand stitched along the edges, then it was all about layering on the goodies! I used some old trim to add a cuff, heel and toe piece to my pretty paper stocking. LOVE the pattern paper!


 I used an embossing plate to add a little detail then added some stitching as well. The stocking rests on a crocheted star doily.


Whats a stocking without presents? I used some paper scraps I had lying around and tied with some twine and embossing thread..Made a sweet little candy cane out of a pipe cleaner to add to the red and white theme. The bow rests on one of my handmade snowflake doilies.

I hope you will join us for our Linky Party over at the Crafty Secrets blog! Just create something using Crafty Secrets products and you could win a $50 Gift Certificate for Crafty Secrets! We'd love to see what you've created:) I'm off to visit the rest of the team. Won't you join me?

Crafty Secrets Design Team:

Vicki Chrisman (Team Leader)

Michele Kovack

Julie Campbell

Darlene Pavlick

Happy Crafting!
~Becks

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and using the sewn stocking to stuff is a great idea for my grandkids! Thanks for your inspiration, Mary Werner

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous idea Rebekah ... absolutely beautiful! Thanks for inspiration and welcome to the team! HUGS from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible cute ... I love your stocking! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A card like this is a gift of it's own; gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really like your card! It just has everything that I like. So very cute! Corrine Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely stunning and so so creative...LOVE that stocking with trim for cuff, heel, and toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and big congrats on joining the DT at Crafty Secrets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D