June 17, 2013

D.I.Y " I do's"...

After 11 and a half years together, my guy and I have decided to tie the knot. While there are so many decisions to be made, I knew right from the get-go I wanted to do as much ourselves as we can.. I think our wedding will be a reflection of who we are at this stage in our lives and I want our decor, theme, invitations etc to really speak to who we are. Of course this means involving my crafty side, and for our Save the Date cards I knew I wanted a post card style card. After searching and pricing and getting ideas I decided to jump right in and start our DIY with simple and easy Save The Dates.
Using blank backed photo papers in a 4x6 size I printed a photo that we had taken earlier in the year. It was such a fun time to find a great spot and have a photo shoot using a camera remote... thank goodness for my new DSLR!


008

In my Word program I used columns and a 4x6 template to add my written details and to leave an address spot and to write a little note to the recipient. Originally I just wanted to stick a stamp on them and mail but we decided to put them in envelopes instead to protect them.

014

My Crafty Secrets Postcard stamps were perfect to add some finishing touches and the "postcard" image. I just love the delicate flower pattern..

013

SO easy and you can customize the stamps to your colour schemes too. I chose not to heat emboss the images, but that would also be fabulous.

s

I'm so pleased with the end result. They came together fast after all the printing was done and a fraction of the cost of getting them done elsewhere..and if I need to add more guests I can simply click, print and stamp.
Hooray for DIY!
~Becks

1 comment:

  1. Many congrats to you and your guy! Lovely 'save the date' cards ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D