July 1, 2013

O Canada...

Our home and native land!
True patriot love, in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
the True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
 O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land, glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!


For the country I call home. For the beauty of the west coast, forever captured in my heart. For the vastness of the prairies, beautiful with their endless fields of golds and greens. For where our love story began; Niagara. For the pride of seeing my guy in his ceremonial Red Serge. For upholding long standing traditions. From the first time dipping my toes in the Pacific, to seeing the Aurora Borealis over our first home together, and everything in between. For the love of the mountains, the lakes and the oceans. To traveling the width and depth of this great land. For my fierce love of hockey. For always getting a little emotional hearing our national anthem.  For what is yet to come...

For the 'half' of me that is Canadian but who loves this great land with my whole heart, I am never more proud to be a part of something so wonderful as Canada. Canada Day is a just a start, and means so much more to me with each passing year. Fourteen years and counting...

To all my fellow Canadians, and all who love this country;
Happy Canada Day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day to you ... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post on Canada Day was truly moving and heart felt. I love that you included the lyrics...aren't patriotic songs the best? At least ours! I must admit to being American, but with many beautiful childhood memories of summer vacations in BC and Victoria and skiing, of course! I grew up in New Mexico' s arid beauty so thought of My trips to Canada as a little bit of paradise. Thanks 4 posting this& hope your day was a contented one! ~ Terry York :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D